NRL & Associates, Inc. is an ultra-precision machine, fabrication, and assembly shop located in Stevensville, Maryland. Founded in 1986, NRL has served a vast array of industries ranging from defense to amusement and many more. NRL is an ISO 9001 certified company and we also have our Federal Firearms License.
In 2015, we moved into a brand new facility that’s double the size of the last building and is climate controlled. NRL is expanding at a rapid speed and show’s little sign of slowing down. Now all we need is a night-shift Quality Assurance Inspector to join our team! This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturer committed to providing excellence within the industry while being a great place to work!
Overview of the position:
Quality Assurance Inspectors are responsible for inspecting product to ensure it is in accordance with NRL and customer policies.
Primary duties of the position:
- Inspect and analyze product to ensure it is in accordance with customer specifications, quality requirements, and NRL policy and procedures
- Operate and monitor the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to inspect product
- Record accurate data and keep records of findings
- Implement corrective actions, if needed
- Recommend changes in production methods to improve the quality of product
- Programming parts for the CMM using PC-DMIS, if possible
The basic qualifications for the position are:
- Must have manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and attention to detail
- Must have communication and have organization skills
- Must have basic reading and math skills
- Ability to acquire, retain, and apply job-related information to improve performance
- Must have time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to use precision measurement tools and read blueprints
Education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a quality assurance role is preferred