NRL & Associates, Inc. is an ultra-precision machine, fabrication, and assembly shop located in Stevensville, Maryland. Founded in 1986, NRL has served a vast array of industries ranging from defense to amusement and many more. NRL is an ISO 9001 certified company and we also have our Federal Firearms License.
In 2015, we moved into a brand new facility that’s double the size of the last building and is climate controlled. NRL is expanding at a rapid speed and show’s little sign of slowing down. Now all we need are experienced Machine Operators to join our team! This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturer committed to providing excellence within the industry and valuable on-the-job training!
Overview of the position:
Machine operators are primarily responsible for maintaining shift production. This is done by loading and unloading parts in the machine, preforming basic quality inspections, and monitoring the machines for any issues.
Primary duties of the position:
- Read and interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Run and operate CNC Mills
- Inspect product parts to the print
- Load and unload parts and programs into the machine
- Monitor machine for issues and make adjustments as needed
The basic qualifications for the position are:
- Must have understanding of basic math
- Must be alert, careful, and accurate
- Must have mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
On-the-job training will be provided for anyone who has not had previous experience in a CNC machining environment. Individuals will be trained on how to use quality instruments, read blueprints, operate machines, etc. NRL is looking for a hard-working individual who is eager to learn and looking for a career path. Applicants need to be mechanically inclined, comfortable with math, and enjoy working with their hands.
Education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma